Friday, October 09, 2009

Kindle International (updated)

Finally, the Kindle ebook Reader device comes in a version which lets it go online internationally. (There is an intro video on that page.)
Unfortunately so far it's only the small sized one, and the screen still has a bit low contrast for my taste, but then I really like the read-aloud robot, so maybe I'll git it anyway. (There's a brief voice demo in the video above, and also around minute 9 in this one.)

Update:
"Unfortunately so far it's only the small sized one"

Bert said:
Apparently,
Amazon confirmed that the DX was also going international.
(Only next year though.)

4 comments:

automatic said...

I've got a Kindle 2, I've never had a problem with the contrast. It's a much better reading experience than a computer screen is.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

It might be because I have astigmatism on both eyes. It also makes white text on black background hard to read for me.

I can certainly read on the Kindle, I just think it would feel better for me if the background where lighter.

Bert said...

"Unfortunately so far it's only the small sized one"

Apparently, Amazon confirmed that the DX was also going international.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Thanks, dude, just in time to cancel my order on the small one!