Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sunglasses

I love this song.

Original Sandy Posey version.

The Tracy Ullman hit version.

Tracy Ullman 12-inch version (very different).

By the way, the last one I couldn't find as music file, so I saved the YouTube video via KeepVid. The site gives you an option of downloading it as "MP4 - High Quality". I did, and what's weird is that my downloaded MP4 version seems to have a better sound quality than the one I play on YouTube. How is this possible?

posted by Eolake Stobblehouse @ Tuesday, May 20, 2008   3 comments links to this post

3 Comments:

At 21 May 2008, 11:25:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting song, one I haven't heard before. I can't listen to the Tracy Ullman versions without thinking about Phil Spector and the groups he produced like the Ronettes. But I don't think Sandy Posey ever recorded for him.

In some ways the newer versions sound more like the 1960's than the actual sixties version.

 
At 21 May 2008, 11:32:00, Blogger eolake said...

Yes, the newer versions are clearly produced to be as much "sixties" and "teenybob" as possible.

 
At 21 May 2008, 17:13:00, Anonymous KabelYaache said...

The Tracy Ullman version is very 'ABBA-esq' - so that might be why you love the song.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


Website Counter