Wednesday, July 14, 2010

When did Android become a charity?

When did Android become a charity?, article.
About a week ago, blogger Chuck Falzone started a campaign targeting Android users, asking them to spend at least $5 a week on apps. Why? Because people aren't buying them, so developers are making only a fraction of the money that iPhone developers earn. What does this teach us about Android apps?

I am  just having fun with this. I am not into platform wars, I was not really, not even back in the day (late nineties) when Apple could use all the help it could get. Life's too short. Competition is good for everybody. I'll buy an Android device, even a Mobile Window device the moment I think I can get some fun or use from it.

2 comments:

Robb in Houston said...

Have to agree with you there!
The concept of "mommy, my product isn't selling so I need help" doesn't work in the business world.

It's a 'heads, I win, tails, you lose' kind of world out there. Produce a product that's useful, and people will come. If they don't, change your strategy.

The whiny solution isn't a solution. It's only whiny.

No such thing as charity is business.

TC said...

I happily went through the length and painful process of signing up for an alternative marked just to pay 3us$ for SmartKeyboard Pro.

Maybe if google got their asses together and allowed the rest of to buy in their marked...