Tuesday, July 13, 2010

iPad leather case review

I got this iPad "wallet" from a British company. It is real leather, and it looks good, feels good, and even smells good.
And it's even a better stand than Apple's case: it works both in landscape and portrait format, and at a couple of different angles.
Needless to say (one might hope), the ports, speakers, and buttons are all accessible.

It was a bit delayed, and my emails were not being answered. But then I was telephoned by Richard from i-Covers, and he said that there were delivery problems with the faux-leather item which I'd apparently ordered, he was sorry, and would I like one in real leather instead, for the same price? Sure I would. Good service, since the leather item is twice the price. [It was not listed when I ordered, otherwise I'd have taken it, it's not unreasonably priced. They seem to have taken the faux-leather variation off the list.]

The wallet can remain on while you use the iPad, but it's not all that handy in open condition, so if you want to handle the pad a lot, you'll probably want to take it out. Fortunately that's quick.

I like it, and I think it's very reasonably priced for something which looks as high-end and professional as this.

It only remains to be seen how it copes with wear. For instance, the leather bit (and stitching) on the far side of the speakers on the bottom is rather dinky, due to space limitations. Might be fragile.
But I'm not the best man for these kinds of things, seeing as I'm not exactly the Indiana Jones road warrior type iPad user.

I also got this stand, which is quite flexible, and will work for a laptop too. The length of the legs has two settings, and the large back leg will lie down to almost flat on the table, good for typing, also with a laptop (smallish ones, I'd guess).

3 comments:

Ray said...

About the stand:

Too bad they couldn't include a stand or a set of legs built-in, which would unfold from the sides or the back.

ttl said...

Good news for the i{Phone|Pad} case collector! Jobs just promised free cases for everyone who bought an iPhone 4. Not a bumper. You can pick your choice from several 3rd party designs.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Ooooh! casescasescases!