Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wallpapers

Re those iPad wallpapers: strangely, but typically, it turns out there is no simple way to transfer photos from a Mac to an iPad. Come on, Apple. I can drag PDFs into GoodReader via iTunes, but not photos into Photos or anything else?
So either go to their site on the pad itself. Or put the pictures on an SD card and use Apple's photo import adapter.



Update: 
Bruce says:
Go to iTunes when your iPad is connected to your Mac. Click on the photos tab. You don't have to sync with iPhoto or iTunes. You can pick out a folder on your Mac to sync photos with. 
-

6 comments:

Nicola said...

That's odd. My photos and images transfer quite happily from Aperture or iPhoto.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Yes, but here again, Apple just assumes that we use Aperture or iPhoto. I don't, I use Finder!
Why can't I just drag them over?

---
BTW, here is one of the many little issues I have: I used to only have to log into my own blog if I'd quit Safari. Now it seems I have to do so several times a day, randomly.

Nicola said...

Yeah, must admit I've only just started organising things in folders and projects in Aperture and that was mainly because I couldn't access my photos easily when I was in iMovie.

The repeated logging in is irritating I agree.

Bronislaus Janulis / Framewright said...

Shouldn't have to do it that way: but just import them into iPhoto; they'll be in both places.

Firefox?

Bruce said...

Go to iTunes when your iPad is connected to your Mac. Click on the photos tab. You don't have to sync with iPhoto or iTunes. You can pick out a folder on your Mac to sync photos with.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Thanks, Bruce, I had not realized that.

I don't suppose this will wipe out the other photos which are on the pad, will it. (Sounds crazy, but iTunes will do such things.)