Monday, June 14, 2010

More cross-site complaints

Sorry, seems I have to bitch some more about Social Media and sites merging.
I have problems sending the couple of Yahoo groups I'm using. So I log into groups.yahoo.com, and look at my profile: guess what... when I do, I'm suddenly no longer at Yahoo Groups, now I am at "Yahoo UK", and they have lost my email addresses, the only one they have is eolake@yahoo.co.uk, which I'm pretty durned sure I never signed up for. Well, I guess I must have for some reason. But it seems they are sending me to the UK site but have not coordinated the data from the int. site.

Not only that, but clearly Yahoo has FaceBook envy, for it's sudden another friggin social site where on your main page you suddenly have to deal with your "contacts" and whatnot.
Common guys (Yahoo and so on), you don't have to emulate *everything* that's been in the media a lot.

No comments: