Tuesday, June 15, 2010

iPad speakers

I usually plug the iPad on the bookholder by my bed into the Soundsticks II system I have there, for great sound. But I just now noticed that I'd been watching video on the pad for a couple of hours this evening without noticing I hadn't done that. I guess that means the iPad's own speaker is good enough for daily use.

---
It strikes me that if one is sick or laid out for a while, an iPad and a bookholder device is a perfect system. In one device one can have thousands of books and articles, dozens of games, and hundreds of videos.
And if one also has an external keyboard one can even easily blog and chat and email too. As well as be productive, if writing is a thing one does seriously too.

And of course it seems like a good bet that the next pad will come with FaceTime too, the video-phone system in iPhone 4.

I really hope they can make this thing a lot lighter. But in recent years Apple seems to have been stuck on glass and metal. Which feels great, but is heavy. The Kindle is plastic, guys. And you could make much prettier plastic objects than Amazon can. Blease blease. A 300-gram iPad.

4 comments:

ganesha games said...

another advantage of plastic would be better shock resistance. You can drop the kindle on the floor and it won't break, not so for the iPad.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Is that right?

I wonder if the kindle has glass screen front like the iPad?

ganesha games said...

the kindle's screen is made of a special plastic. There was a drop test on amazon when they started selling it, they were showing kindle being dropped on a hard tiled floor and surviving.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

That's cool.

A recent David Pogue video showed the same thing, with underwater compact cams.

Dropping on a tile floor is a very hard shock.