Saturday, April 17, 2010

It's gaga


I'd heard "Lady Gaga" mentioned 300 times in a week, so I got curious, who is this chick.
It's a pop chick, plays what sounds like the normal pop music. I kinda like it though. Dresses a notch or two more flamboyantly than most, good for her. (OK, maybe three notches. Kool.)

What's she got in common with Marilyn Manson? Both of them are very thin and white, and both wear so much make-up/wigs/sunglasses that you actually can't tell how they look, apart from being plain and having a big nose.

Lots of skin and lots of product placements in her Telephone video. (Here's the too-naughty-for-TV version.)

11 comments:

Jes said...

I don't get it personally. To me, she just sounds like any other pop singer. I have to assume her popularity has to do with the way she dresses. Then again, I never understand how these pop stars get famous.

psitive said...

Mainstream attempts to do dirty videos are pathetically fake. Still, the sisters got good money for their appearances, so its not all bad.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

The teeniebobbers need new stars so they don't have the same one as their older sister. So they take what comes.

Ganesha Games said...

well, she is sort of original and sassy, and kinda represents the current youth.

For something on the other end of the scale, check out this video by (amateur) singer songwriter Lauren O'Connell. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzC-j9mt29M

Ganesha Games said...

By amateur I mean she's not signed any contract with a major music producer, AFAIK. She's as good as it gets in my book.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Yep. Just posted her, thanks.

Jan said...

I've got tickets for her concert next month. Yay! :-)

She's cute, she's dynamic, she can perform even when the audio system fails, did I mention she's cute?

TC [Girl] said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eolake Stobblehouse said...

"she can perform even when the audio system fails"

Respect for that.

Leviathud said...

Here she is before she created the Lady Gaga image: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM&feature=player_embedded

TC [Girl] said...

HILARIOUS version here. :-)