Thursday, November 20, 2008

Toothpick sculptures

Scott Weaver builds amazing sculptures from toothpicks. Video. Photos.
Article.

I like that his sculptures have so much air in them as well as imagination, both are almost unique in such art. Usually it's just fairly representational art of famous buildings.

How the hell do you transport something like this, and expecially his massive Rolling Through The Bay sculpture?

I wonder if they mean "matches" (headless ones from hobby shops) when they say "toothpicks". Matches are much better for building. I was interested in this as a kid. And I picked it up again some years ago, for fine art. Though I did it with painted matches, it'll last better and adds a lot of dimension to it. I wonder why I've never seen anybody else do that.

1 comment:

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

"How the hell do you transport something like this?"

Here's a hint: VERY CAREFULLY!!! :-)