Sunday, June 17, 2007

"Santa Baby" and sex


"Santa Baby" by Eartha Kitt. It's a good version, though I think the studio version is even better, slower and sexier. Actually sorta like Kylie Minoque's version.

Funny though, while Kylie sure has the moves and the looks, I don't buy her as a sex kitten. I just don't think sex is that important to her, she does not emanate it. Eartha Kitt, yes indeed. Madonna, yes. Mae West, o my gawd, she lived and breathed sex. But Kylie? No, I don't think so. I think her sex kitten persona is put on like a suit for artistic and commercial reasons. (I'm not saying this is right or wrong, I just find it interesting.)

It's funny how people can emanate things. Some people, it gentleness, some it's tension, some it's intelligence or awareness, some it's... anything. Some it's sex. For example I was sitting in a tiny hotel lobby (barely room for the desk and two chairs, really) in Copenhagen once, waiting for a friend of mine to come off duty as desk clerk at 11 at night.
I was there, he was there, and his replacement was there. And down the stairs came an Asian woman who clearly was a... lady of the night. Absolutely stunning woman. And not only that, she just oozed sex. From the moment her feet first appeared on the top of the stairs until after she left (after having paid a phone bill with notes pulled from a big bundle of very large bills) the room was just swimming in sex. She was all any of us could think about or talk about after she left. Just hypnotic, we were like rabbits in headlights.
That is a powerful influence. And I have no doubt personally that this is not just visual, olfactory and sound. I think this is an actual energy which goes way beyond the normal five senses.

7 comments:

Hannah said...

Am I crazy that I'm not noticing anything by either?

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Well, not a great example of Eartha Kitt.

Anonymous said...

"I think this is an actual energy which goes way beyond the normal five senses."

Might explain why one feels/knows he's being observed by somebody out of the reach of normal senses. Unexplained yet but very well known phenomenon. Even if it's "intuition", there has to be something triggering it.
And, by scientific definition, such a thing is defined as an energy of some sort.

Dang, if unexpectedly met beautiful women can ooze sex so liberally, I'd better always travel with a mop and bucket. To Hades with the amused looks I'll get, it's well worth it!
Driving a tank truck might also be a very smart move. Gonna need storage space for that precious cargo... "My precioussss!"
Oh, and a fortress garage with a crocodile-infested moat. And a draw-dridge. And guard dogs. And automated air defense (no human guards, they could betray some day). And...

Uh... please excuse me, I suddenly have a lot of urgent work to attend to!!!

laurie said...

I know what you mean, I think it comes from having touched one's center (or God) and not being afraid of that of that power, not deflecting it, Not being falsely humble or "religious*. In the case of a sexy woman, not giving a damn what other women are whispering about her, not even caring how many men are staring at her. Just being herself is everything. Autonomy is so attractive.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

A friend of mine call sense when I enter a building, even if he is in the shower, or if he is in a different room in a busy restaurant.

When I was young I rented a room in a large apartment where many rooms were rented out. When I needed to go to the kitchen, I could always feel if the land lady was already there. I was never wrong.

Anonymous said...

You should have seen Kylie at he Forum in Copenhagen a few years ago: she was hot when seen in real life :-)

Anonymous said...

Laurie said...
"Just being herself is everything. Autonomy is so attractive."


This is probably why sexiness laughs at the fake face of plastic surgery. Looking like a deluxe inflatable doll doesn't cut it. Feminine GRACE is something intrinsic. All the rest is details at best.

Eolake said...
"I was never wrong."


I'm never wrong either. Unless I'm arguing with my aunt Marie, who's alwayser right!
But aunt Griselda begs to differ...