Thursday, July 27, 2006

Foxy Brown


Continuing my eddication in older films, I watched Foxy Brown, mostly because Quentin Tarantino is such a big fan of blacksploitaiton movies and of Pam Grier.
Well, I "watched" most of it on fast forward. Because my question to big Q and other fans is basically: Why?

Admittedly the face and figure of the seventies' Pam Grier is very impressive, but it is the only thing there is, in my view. Mediocre story, mediocre cinematography, and mediocre acting. All in all: what's to love so much?

OK, I am all for all the skin it shows, but it really only takes you so far if you're not drunk. And I've only been drunk once and I did not care for it.

Come to think of it, a main difference between Tarantino and myself is that QT seems to be a huge fan of the seventies. Whereas I have a pact with some of my friends: the seventies did not exist, and they are not mentioned. As far as we are concerned, we went to bed on new years eve 1967 and woke up on new years day 1978.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll have you know, I was born during that "long night" between 1967 and 1978.

I wish the start of the Lebanese war, in 1975, hadn't existed. :-(

Well, I guess it could've been worse. At leat, I'm not Mr Quentin Tarantino!!! ;-)