Thursday, March 23, 2006

Birches and road sign


On the way home today from lunch break (working from home and being my own boss I take looong lunch breaks) I shot a few thingies with my likkle pockit camera. (The display is hard to see in sunshine, one of the things they have to fix yet.) A neighbor walked by, maybe he thought I'd cracked, photographing all this nothing. But actually to my surprise I really like this picture. I-don't-know-why, as Daphne says.
The Fuji F10 has a funny sharp-but-soft quality about highlight details that I like very much. See a huge version of this photo.

2 comments:

Monsieur Beep! said...

Birches - my favourite trees!

A hilarious tree, if you can say that of a tree. Not so gloomy and dark as most other trees but bright and fresh, cheering you up. Holland is full of birches by the roadsides and elsewhere. That's why I love to be there.

f/22 1000 Greetings from Gen.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Indubitably.
Bill Watterson (Calvin and Hobbes) drew them all the time, especially in the Sunday strips.