Monday, December 20, 2010

Good or bad girl art?

[Thanks to Anthony B]
Here's when good and bad girl art gets confused...

"Nude snow sculpture in Rahway leads police to request 'snowlady' cover-up", article.

You just have to say: no, come on... really?...




M. Pipolo said:
You may or may not have seen this, from just this Friday in sunny Florida. This kind of stuff makes me ashamed to call myself a Christian.

 

Though I don't think anybody said it was a Christian thing. Also, I'm not even sure I can think of any religion which does not have a big faction at least who has problems with nudity.

5 comments:

Tommy said...

This is unbelievable!!! This is such a popular piece of work, available for viewing in lots of museums, etc. How can the officials possibly feel justified in forcing the artist to put clothes on it.

Also, how can one "anonymous complaint" be given such power. This person should have been told where the door is, don't let it hit your ass on the way out and get a life!!

In my humble opinion..

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Pretty much.

People are *scared*.

M. Pipolo said...

You may or may not have seen this, from just this Friday in sunny Florida:

http://southflorida.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-boca-naked-sculptures-park-20101217,0,5601651.story

This kind of stuff makes me ashamed to call myself a Christian.

Tommy said...

EO - "People are *scared*."

What do you think they're scared of. I'm kind of serious here, I mean it's beyond my comprehension.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

That's a deep question, and many books have been written on it.

There's the spiritual version (A Course In Miracles for example), that we are scared because of a false belief that we are cut off from our Creator.

Or maybe on an animal level, we like to believe that we are masters of the planet, but at any time, one of hundreds of different threats can rub us out.

In any case, the Fear is normally very suppressed, so it plays tricks on us.