Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Being ten

On the local railway, children age 10 and under travel at half-price.

A woman and her daughter were taking the train into the city.

As the conductor began collecting fares, the woman said to the daughter, "Now remember, you are only 10." The girl nodded her head.

The conductor approached the two of them.

"One adult and one child please," the woman said to the conductor as she pulled out her wallet and withdrew the proper amount of cash. The conductor began punching the tickets.

"What a cute little girl!" the conductor said. "How old are you?" he asked in a friendly voice.

"I'm 10." the girl answered.

"And when will you be 11?" he asked in that same friendly voice.

The girl answered, "As soon as I get off this train!"

1 comment:

Reed Stevens said...

Your Goats on the Dam stills are making the rounds again here. Lovely! Googled, found your neglected blog.

BAD DOG!

I find you jjust when my newly-retired (ahem) husband is beginning to write. Your pithy little musings are just them lift he needs.

And I've just given your blog a plug on my blog. Should I bail?