Thursday, April 08, 2010

Multitasking iPhone OS

Apple Unveils Next-Gen, Multitasking iPhone OS, article.

I scream, you scream, we all scream, for multitasking.

What I don't like hearing is that Apple is rolling out some kind of new, location-based advertising scheme called iAd. (I wonder if they'll continue the damned "i" theme throughout this century? I never even understood it in the first place.) Don't we have enough advertising fucking everything up? It's just noise. I don't get why the broad population are apparently more willing to be bombarded with ads than they are of just paying for the content.

3 comments:

Timo Lehtinen said...

iAd is a direct stab at Google.

ObFry: Buying an engagement ring (YouTube)

Ganesha Games said...

"I" is for interactivity, I think

biolings said...

Hard to know if this will get enough traction before the OS offers similar features:

http://manytricks.com/paddock/