Friday, December 25, 2009

Arnold Stang, voice of Top Cat, dead at 91

[Thanks to Joe]
Arnold Stang, voice of Top Cat, dead at 91, article.

It seems Top Cat is called "T.C." by friends. I did not know that when I encouraged our commenter TC (later updated to TC[Girl]) to use Top Cat as a moniker. Heck, at that point I did not even remember that there was a cartoon character called that. I trust she will not be speechless despite this new development of her voice passing on.

The article has a full Top Cat cartoon embedded. Just after the titles, we find the reference to Powerpuff Girls' and Sheep In The Big City's use of the dramatic narration entry: "This is the big city!"...

Arnold Stang was also in one of my favorite movies, It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.

1 comment:

Tommy said...

WOW, that brings back some memories. I used to watch Top Cat all the time as a kid. I had forgotten all about it until now.

Thanks for the memories.