Friday, November 20, 2009

Bird dance

It's not exactly a pro quality video(!), but it's a spectacular phenomenon. (And they speak Danish in the video. One guy says that if one bird leaves the flock, the falcon will get it. I imagine a falcon was near.)

[Update: anon points to this one, which is clearer. Notice the movements starting around 3.18... wow!! If this is not evidence of a group mind, I don't know what is.] (I can't remember how to make a link to a specific point in a youtube video...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better in english
The same guy is sailing around england search for "keep turning left".I think his name is dyland winter.
Scott
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH-groCeKbE
starlings on Otmoor

Mikko J. Kalavainen said...

W-O-W. This is why I love the internet. Also your blog, Eolake.

Daniel Karnes said...

The way birds flock inspired me to write a poem some years ago, making connections between chaos theory, a certain Macintosh screen saver, and how the world becomes aware of itself: http://members.cox.net/daniel.b.karnes/poetry/flocking.html

Enjoy.