Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dave Sim's Glamourpuss

Dave Sim's Glamourpuss. Dave Sim making comics again. I honestly didn't see it coming. When you read his non-fiction writing in recent years he sounds like his mind has imploded, he honestly can't go for two paragraphs without turning whatever the subject is into a rant against feminism. But I'm glad he's making comics again, for he's an amazing comic artist, so I'll buy Glamourpuss.


Here the official comic site (no up to date info though), and here is, amazingly, his blog. But true to form, it's done by proxy, Dave Sim apparently regards any technology newer than the typewriter as... well, I don't know what, but he either can't or won't use computers.
He once had a rant about how viewing art on the web is like printing paintings on postage stamps. I wrote to him that it was just a matter of time, and resolution. I was right. He ought to see what color art looks like on my 30-inch screen, compared to the cheap newspaper-print black-and-white line art of his comic books.

No comments: