Saturday, October 04, 2008

Preflight check?

A man should not leave this earth with unfinished business. He should live each day as if it was a pre-flight check. He should ask each morning, am I prepared to lift-off?
-- Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider, Northern Exposure, All is Vanity, 1991

That's just BS. This would mean that you could never start any project which would take longer than 24 hours.

Perhaps what they mean is that one should always strive to finish everything one begins, if at all possible. This I agree heartily with. Unfinished projects, cycles, and communications are a great drain upon energy and attention. If something is dragging out long, then take a decision to finish it or not. If you decide you probably won't ever, then throw out the remnants of it and forget about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't mean projects, it's about people.

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

Deep chain letter wisdom:

"I am passing this on to you because it definitely worked for me and we all could use more calm in our lives.
By following the simple advice I heard on a medical t.v. show, I have found inner peace. It's true. A doctor proclaimed the way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started.
So I looked around my house to see things I'd started and hadn't finished and, before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of shhardonay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of vocka, a pockage of Punglies, that mainder of bot Prozic and Alum scriptins, the res of the Chesescke an a box of choclits.
Yu haf no idr who fkin gud I fel!
Peas sen dis orn to dem yu fee AR in ned ov inr pis."