Saturday, June 21, 2008

Kung Fu Panda and other trailers

Loveth the animations. Kung Fu Panda looks like fun.

Oh, and I'm def gonna see Hancock too.
I'm glad to see that Jason Bateman has made the transition to the movies after Arrested Development folded. He was also with Zach Braff in The Ex, which I enjoyed.

And House Bunny. I like Anna Faris (Scary Movie).

I doubt I'll watch Ember though, even though it's nominally SF. Am I the only one who is fed up with the "thriller" kind of trailer? The inflated suspence, the swelling music, the fast cuts...

----
Talking about movies, I've just re-watched L.A. Story. It's one of my favorite movies ever. It's a nice love story, it's quirky, it's hilarious, it's seminal, and it's brilliantly filmed and cut.

2 comments:

Bert said...

Trailers are designed by marketing people, not movie-makers. And you would trust those to pick a movie? :-p

Anonymous said...

LA Story is wonderful, and when I first saw it, completely unexpected. Near the end, when Sara is waiting in line at the airport and the first notes of Enya's "On Your Shore" start playing, I knew there was big magic afoot.