Monday, May 09, 2016

Any weird experiences?

Have you experienced anything weird or 'supernatural'?

Back when Edward Scissorhands came out, a friend told me that when he first saw the poster, he thought "Eolake is going to like that". And he was right, I'm attracted to weird in stories. It's refreshing.

But in life, I don't get it much, perhaps a good thing. Well, a small thing comes to mind: long ago I had sessions with a spiritual councellor, and the door in the room had a spring to close it but it tended to stick on the frame and not close. So one time I was through the door last and she said to me: "please push the door closed". I didn't think it necessary, so I just stared at the door, expecting it to close, and it did.

She said: "You did that, you know." I said: "I don't think so." So she said: "Try doing it while expecting it not to close." So I did that, and it didn't close.
Then she said: "now try to expect it to close again". So I opened it, and because the spring was kind of slow, I went and sat down, and as we looked at the door, it closed.

A friend of mine has a friend who more than once have demonstrated clear powers of telepathy and extra-sensory perception.

How about you?



4 comments:

Kent McManigal said...

I have had a few strange experiences. I wrote some of them down in a blog post a few years ago: Odd Tales of my life

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Great, thanks.

John Krumm said...

I read a book by Barbara Ehrenreich called Living With a Wild God. She's an author and progressive activist with a PHD in cellular immunology who experienced several supernatural episodes as a young adult that she never could explain (partly out of embarrassment as a scientist and atheist). It's pretty interesting.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Thanks, John.