Friday, February 27, 2015

New media, new art

Modern Family has just, and justifiably, attracted a lot of attention with an episode taking place on Claire's laptop screen, and the video chats and other stuff that happens there. It was very good.

Somebody beat them to it, though. Noah is just the same, and almost the same length, 17 minutes (the MF episode was 21 minutes without ads).
I think Noah was good and interesting, although the ADD Hyper-speed young people operate at digitally and which was captured well, did tend to confuse.
I guess this ultra-multitasking must be addictive, I doubt you get more done that way.

7 comments:

Tommy said...

Just watched Noah, EO. Do you think there is some sort of a socially redeeming message in there?

Do young humans really do that? To me, it's crazy...

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I'm not sure which aspect you're referring to, Tommy.

Tommy said...

Just the whole thing of humans multi-tasking this rapidly.

Seems to me that if you do one thing you can do it well. But, doing several at once, your performance will certainly drop a bit and your brain's confusion factor would go way up.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but wow!

Anonymous said...

Multitasking isn't a real thing, and you get less done that way.

Joe Dick said...

I hate to say it but I found Noah pretty boring. I was ready to check out at 2 min. Not sure why. I guess watching someone use a computer is about as exciting as someone else's turn on a video game (or any game).

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Tommy, yes I think this would be familiar to many Young Humans.
I don't think it has any sharply defined message. (And people resent too-obvious messages anyway.)

I think some, many, get addicted to it because they need the distraction constantly. And so they get very good at it.

Anonymous said...

Noah's girlfriend is well shot of him, what a douche.