Friday, August 26, 2011

A drink of water

A boy is sent to bed by his father.
Five minutes later, he calls down. "Daaad...."
"What?" the father says.
"I'm thirsty," the boy says. "Can you bring me a drink of water?"
"No," the father replies. You had your water already. Lights out."
Five minutes later, the boy once again calls downstairs. "Daaaaaad....."
"WHAT?" the father snaps.
"I really want a drink of water. Can I please have one?" the boy asks.
"I told you no!" the father asserts. "If you ask again, I'm coming up there to spank you!"
Five minutes later, the boy calls downstairs again, "Daaaaaaaaad....."
"WHAT?" the father once again snaps.
The boy replies, "When you come up here to spank me, can you bring me a drink of water?"

5 comments:

Kent McManigal said...

Equal parts amusing and sad.

Tommy said...

Kids say the darnest things... You gotta love it. :-)

Anonymous said...

Kent didn't like it because it reminds him of all the times his father beat him. That explains the guns and a lot of other things.

Tommy said...

Oh, now I understand. Thanks for explaining this, Anonymous.. :-)

Anonymous said...

No problem.