Friday, April 29, 2011

"It was a dark and stormy night"

Snoopy was always one of my literary heroes, even though he was under-appreciated by the publishing establishment of his own time.

So when I got the gift of this Snoopy doll, I knew just where to sit him.

Funny enough, I got him as thank you gift for helping a friend get a friend a typewriter (in the modern form of a laptop). A perfect circle.


-----
Typewriters are not dead, but it's close
I do suspect though that for decades there'll be a tiny market for them at premium prices, for specialized and sentimental purposes. 

4 comments:

Seth Armstrong said...

Hey, Big E, how's it hanging?

I do suspect though that for decades there'll be a tiny market for them at premium prices, for specialized and sentimental purposes.

Possibly. I too own a vintage Remington but don't use it as the typewriter is obviously far less forgiving than a computer. (Plus the ribbon it came with is very worn and I haven't bothered to find a replacement.)

I wonder if it affects the way we write, though. The ability to easily change what we've written when using a computer could produce work different from what we might do on a typewriter.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Yes, I think TTL said that he thinks that the infinite editing capabilities in digital has virtually killed art.

I don't know. I like to be able to undo mistakes. Although actually I tend to do quite little editing either in writing or pictorial art.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Hanging left now, feel much better.

TC [Girl] said...

Eolake said...
"Hanging left now, feel much better."

LOL! You make me think of Jim Carrey in 'Liar Liar!' :-D