Monday, August 23, 2010

Stanza reader software

Before the iPad, the most popular and respected ebook reading app for the iPhone was called Stanza. It took a while for an iPad version to appear, but it's been here now also for a while, and since I only have three or four major ebook reading apps on the ol' pad, naturally I decided I needed one more.

It's a good one though. It's the first I've seen (compared to Kindle, iBooks, and Nook) which lets you choose from *all* the fonts in the system. The text size adjustment is virtually stepless, which I love, most apps have too crude steps. It has stepless variation of margins. The other apps don't even *have* such an adjustment. It has in-app access to many online book sources, paid and free. (Oh, and amazingly, the app itself is free too.)

I've only used it a bit so far, but right now, it's a clear Recommended.

posted by Eolake Stobblehouse @ Monday, August 23, 2010   3 comments links to this post

3 Comments:

At 25 Aug 2010 01:25:00, Anonymous Bruce said...

Thank you form mentioning this Eolake. I have been using Stanza for about 10 minutes now and I am impressed. I don't think I will go back to iBooks.

 
At 25 Aug 2010 09:30:00, Blogger eolake said...

Cool. Thanks for writing.

 
At 27 Aug 2010 02:35:00, Anonymous Bruce said...

You are welcome. I'm still using this and liking it. Night mode is one good reason to use Stanza. It reverses the colors, white writing on a black page. Reading with the lights out is kind of fun.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


Website Counter