Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Photoshop Express for iPad

Photoshop Express for iPad (and even iPhone!), and for free.
So the 'pad may become a production machine after all.
My feeling is that I couldn't do serious work on this. But then I had the same feeling about making art on an iPhone, and people are doing that. It may be just a question of what you're used to working with. (OK, obviously there are limits, you won't find the thousands of features here that is on the Photoshop for PC and Mac. But how many uses those?)

For a guy like me, it might mean that if I take a week's vacation, I might really need only to bring the iPad, since if it turns out there's a couple of pictures on the site which need retouching or cropping, I can do it. And I'm sure there is or will be other apps in other areas I may need.
It's still early days for the iPad, and I tend to see it as an e-reader. But it may turn out to be much more flexible than we had imagined, it wouldn't be the first time.

Update:
Bill said:
I've done exactly what you said: Took only my iPad on a week's vacation. I imported photos every day from my Canon 7D and my Wife's P&S, edited them (I prefer Filterstorm), and blogged each day using Blogpress. I did also have the Apple bluetooth keyboard with me, but everything worked great.
-

5 comments:

bilhelm96 said...

I've done exactly what you said: Took only my iPad on a week's vacation. I imported photos every day from my Canon 7D and my Wife's P&S, edited them (I prefer Filterstorm), and blogged each day using Blogpress. I did also have the Apple bluetooth keyboard with me, but everything worked great.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Thanks Bill, very kool.

Paul Bradforth said...

Eolake said: "So the 'pad may become a production machine after all."

More fuel to the fire here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn4mcA-9WCE

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Great, thanks.

TC [Girl] said...

Just ran into this, tonight, on Adorama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hui0p_qI-Q