Wednesday, July 28, 2010

More comments on quotes

One of the first duties of the physician is to educate the masses not to take medicine.
           -- Sir William Osler, Aphorisms from his Bedside Teachings (1961) p. 105

I used to think all medicine was evil, but now I don't. But I certainly think that it should be regarded as a patch at best, and deeper healing (which is always self-healing basically) should be sought too. 


I have learned to use the word 'impossible' with the greatest caution.
           -- Wernher von Braun

Very wise. We know next to nothing. 


A conservative is a man who sits and thinks, mostly sits.
           -- Woodrow Wilson

OK, a bit sardonic, but resistance to change is hardly the greatest of virtues in and off itself.


Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
           -- Miss Piggy 

Hehe, I've often felt that way as an artist. (Rightly or wrongly. You always feel you're right.)

... Oh, I see that Blogger now publishes a post at the point where (when) it is actually published, not when it was first created. That's progress. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I've often felt that way as an artist.

Since when are you an artist?

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

Aaah, Miss P., a great friend of mine.
I always *loved* her directness in talking.

About Blogger:
I think at the bottom of the composing window you can pick options for the displayed posting date.

Josie,
My word verif says you're "abaldbug". I don't know what that is exactly, but it sounds very artsy.

Anonymous said...

I think at the bottom of the composing window you can pick options for the displayed posting date.

On your blog each comment has the date and time it was made.