Sunday, July 25, 2010

iPhone cases available

Apple has now mailed out about how to get your free iPhone case. You can get it if you have had connection issues, but you're not asked to put your hand on the bible or copy of Dracula about this, so I imagine many people will just like to get the free case. I'm tempted, but I already have a case I like.

Here is a review of one of the offered cases, the Speck Fitted. It looks very nice. (BTW, what does the reviewer mean when he talks about "flash" here?)

4 comments:

Ray said...

@ Eolake -

When he mentions 'flash' I think he means the little extra bits that are
sometimes not trimmed off edges after the molding process.

ttl said...

The way I understood it is that part of the phone is visible through an unintended gap.

Think flashing your underwear.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Ahh. Thanks.

... Wait, Ray seems to be right. Way down in the list of definitions of "flash":

"Metallurgy .
a.
a ridge of metal left on a casting by a seam between parts of the mold.
b.
a ridge formed at the edge of a forging or weld where excess metal has been squeezed out."

Bruce said...

I agree with you and Ray. I first encountered this word when building plastic models of cars and planes as a kid. It was not uncommon to see parts with excess plastic attached to them.