Wednesday, July 07, 2010

How to Make Free iPhone Ringtone with iTunes

How to Make Free iPhone Ringtone with iTunes, article.

It works on my Mac, I haven't tried it with Windows.
(It only works with DRM-free songs.)

I've not been into the whole ringtone thing, particularly not paying two or three bucks for one, as the kiddies seem quite willing to. But now I got an iPhone finally, and I could take a bit of song to make a ringtone, it seemed the time to do so. So I made one from Bowie: Heroes (live), Talking Heads: Wild, Wild Life, and Ugress: Decepticons. (Mail me if you wannem.) 
I admit it does spice up a phone call, like a custom wallpaper spices up a computer screen.
It can't be one with great precision, though,  it seems the export process does not allow for split seconds.

Update: Laurie says:
It's better and very precise if you use Garage Band. Also you can use any track in your collection, not just the DRM free tracks.

No comments: