Monday, May 25, 2009

Drawing on the iPhone

Article.
"Jorge Colombo drew this week’s cover using Brushes, an application for the iPhone, while standing for an hour outside Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum in Times Square."

I'll never bitch about any clumsiness of my Wacom Cintiq drawing screen again. (Oh, who am I kidding.)


And like I've always said:
"Colombo leans heavily on the Undo feature: “It looks like I draw everything with supernatural assurance and very fast—it gets rid of all the hesitations.”"

Undo is a fantastic feature of anything digital.

Brushes looks like an outstanding app. Video. Flick group.
What surprises me, of course, is the level of control you can seemingly get with just finger painting.

1 comment:

Antoni Mączyński said...

it doesn't necessarily have to be your finger - I have succesfully tried operating my iphone with an AA battery (both ends) so i think much more sophisticated tools can be easily designed. Question is:
would we call it cheating when it came to drawing?

I prefer "colors!" over "brushes" by the way, it's just... more iphone way... simplier i guess.