Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ugress

Ugress. Norwegian, pretty much a one man band. Awesome music. Lots of free samples, but I've just paid a big overprice on their newest, because he's given me so much over the years.

This is also a tribute to the power of giving-away-material-for-free marketing. Four or five years ago I got a few of their songs from a friend, including "Decepticons", and as I listened to them over the months, I liked them better and better. 
He has an interesting model, he is giving away the latest "EP" for free at 128k encoding, and selling it in 320k encoding. I think that works. 
If it were me, though, I'd throw in a bonus track for buyers, since the difference is so slight otherwise. (And maybe delete the $10 minimum price, it seems silly since you can get the thing for free anyway.)

3 comments:

Timo Lehtinen said...

Brilliant! I've never heard of the band, but I'm blown away by the videos (including music). Thanks!

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Goody. Seems it pays off to blog something more than once if I really like it.

Unknown said...

Thanks Eolake!
I did have some Ugress in my library but had never given it the attention it deserved.
Truly fantastic stuff.