Sunday, October 19, 2008

Imaging-Resource

Imaging-Resource has some excellent reviews and articles. Take for example this page. If you hover your mouse over the pictures, you get an explanation about the buttons and other features of the camera. In the first ninety seconds I'd already learned three things I did not know about my new camera.
... And in the next five minutes, five more.

It also strikes me from this page what an astounding number of features a modern digital camera has, even just physically. It's a miracle that they actually managed to bring them down to prices similar to film cameras, for they contain so much more.

... Of course this also means that to master them is a steep climb. I've used cameras for thirty years, and digital cameras for a decade, and I still get confused when faced with all the options they have now. I wonder how it is for newbies.
Just for instance, the D90, like many DSLRs, has four different settings for autofocus, and so far the single-point setting is the only one I really understand!
I better read IR's page on the camera's autofocus. It's much longer than the official manual's information. Man, these guys work hard.

No comments: