Thursday, August 07, 2008

PhotoIcon

[Gee, this is turning out to be one of those abundant-posts days.]

There's a new up-and-coming photo magazine, Photo Icon. It turns out it's from the mind of our ole pal Petter Hegre.

I haven't read any of the paper issues yet, but from browsing a little on their site, it seems slick, professional, and dedicated. Perhaps a little on the slick and flash side for my taste, I sort of get the feeling that it's made by and for young professionals who, while they care a lot about art, are very strongly into their career and therefore into presenting the biggest possible impact all the time.

The same goes for the galleries (you can find list of pages/galleries on the lower left side of the page). Many nice pictures though. Petter himself has a nice art nude gallery.



The dog and the fence I like, fine art that:



While these below are more of the "career" type pictures, if you understand me. (Not that they are bad, maybe I just don't really get them.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They don't do much for me either. Sure, technically they're perfectly good images, but I just don't get any feeling from them. A good picture (for me) should evoke some kind of emotional response - good or bad - but I'm just not getting any reaction to them. I don't feel I've got any insight into the subjects or the person behind the lens.

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

Talk about "a dog tethered on a ten-foot chain". ;-)

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

Yay, I just found a link there for stereoscopic classic nude photos! Cool. :-)

http://www.photoicon.com/galleries/4/