Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fred is huge

Fred is one of the most popular comedy acts in the world. He is not on TV.
Article.
"So here we are at a moment when for all its cash and talent, the best of Hollywood's online efforts slide off the wall like penne al dente, while a Nebraska kid with a $100 camera can attract a giant, hugely valuable audience by jumping in a baby pool with his clothes on. What does he know that we don't?"

Another example of the hugely leveling effect of digital technology.

----
It seems "Fred" is making a mint sponsoring the Zipit Wireless Messenger. Good for him. I looked it up, and Amazon is selling this little wireless texting device for... thirty-eight dollars! Holy frig! That's less than I paid last time I took a friend to lunch. And this thing is an MP3 player too, and plays radio from the Internet!
It seems we are teetering on the edge of the age where digital gadgets are as disposable as Bic pens.

3 comments:

Bert said...

I just don't get this cult of stupidity??? Please tell me I'm not the only one?

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I prefer to see it as making humor of stupidity.

Michaelabehsera21 said...

Hey whats up?
I am from the Fred/Zipit team I liked your short and clean post could you please contact me at michaelabehsera21@yahoo.com.
Thank you.

Have a great day:)