Thursday, May 01, 2008

iTunes unsung songs

I realized it was silly that there are so many songs in my iTunes app which I rarely listen to because I listen to my favorites most of the time. So I made a Smart List which plays songs which I've not yet rated and which I've listened to less than 3 times. Songs which I've bought on iTunes music store, or downloaded, or ripped from old or new CDs. I am thinking I would find a few new favorites to broaden my horizon.

Guess what, that list contains over 2,000 songs!! Jeepers creepers.

2 comments:

Alex said...

Windows Media Player has some interesting auto playlists, things like "Songs listened to at weekends" or "favourites, one Audio CD worth". as well as the yet to be rated, recent additions and "favourites not heard recently".

I've been doing some "random" searches, look for keywords like long, tall, short, man, woman, I also put together a list of songs with weekdays in the titles.

I was looking for Little Fish by Brian Eno one day, stuck in Fish, and it gave me a short list including "Baracuda" by Heart! Good old media player.

Anonymous said...

I have 9,378 on mine! Try putting itunes into random selection. What's nice is that you'll get plenty of your music plus random chapters from audio books. I thought this would be irritating but I've found I rather like it.
Cheers,
Laurie.