Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Birthday

Wow, I must be doing something right: my birthday in not until the ninth, and I already got a nice card from one lovely woman, and these flowers from another.


By the way, I think this is a pleasant little picture. I'd arranged it to get a calm background, and the colors gel nicely.

It was taken indoors without flash or tripod, with the Canon 960 and its image stabilization, at 1/20 second, which would have made it blurred without IS. It's great when you're able to do without flash, it usually ruins a picture. (At least the direct, on-camera flash does.)

5 comments:

Alex said...

I'll forget by the end of the week, so Happy Birthday.

"You're only as young as the woman you feel"

Hmm, I thought I got that one from Round the Horne, but is seems to be Groucho Marx.

Steve said...

What kind of light did you have? Natural light, tungsten light, fluorescent light?

And an early happy birthday to you!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday from me too!

The year is great (1963). As is the day (9th). The month is a little off, but close enough. ;-)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Thanks guys.

The light is daylight plus an indoor lamp. Not a normal bulb, a six inch glass tube, I forget what they're called.

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

Happy Presbyopia age, fellow wearer of spectacles.