Sunday, August 05, 2007

Nippop girruls

Update: Making Of Sugar Water video.
(These girls are so talented and cute. I wonder where they are today.)
---
My favorite "nippop" (I still claim to have invented that word) girls seem to have disappeared.
I found some videos of old favorites of mine. I discovered Nippop when I live in Edinburgh in 2000.

Cibo Matto Sugar Water
Cibo Matto on Buffy

Takako Minekawa Plash
Takako Minekawa milk rock

Kahimi Karie Elastic Girl
Kahimi Karie Good Morning World
Kahimi Karie Lilitapop Dollhouse (I could only find a live version)

9 comments:

Alex said...

There's a pretty good psycho thriller about a j-pop idol who turns to the movie industry as she starts growing up. The film is "Perfect Blue".

The screenplay was written for a live action movie, it was up for grabs and an anime studio picked it up. Very well done, good pacing, few nice twists, and a lot of tributes to other films.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I think I've seen that one. Isn't it the one with a famous rape scene?

Alex said...

Re-enactment of "The Accused"

Anonymous said...

The girls on the photograph remind me that of the model Soo in DOMAI. I wished that they were singing nude.

Alex said...

I like the sugar water video. Took me a bit of time before I saw one image was reversed, then at the accident it made sense. Great, and they did it in only 10 takes!

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Ten takes? Do you know that?

Sugar Water is one of my all time favorite songs.

Alex said...

Erm, right next to the YouTube video there is a link to "The Making of..."

They said they did it about 10 times. To get the timing that on...

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

There isn't when I look at the page. I think the links are generated on the fly.

But I found it by doing a Search. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

That woman reminded me of model named Soo in Domai.