Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Meryl Streep singing "I'm Checking Out"


Meryl Streep singing "I'm Checking Out". One of my favorite movie songs of all time, from one of my all time favorite movies.
(First time I saw this was with my likkle sister in the movies. When the titles rolled over the last half of this, she was dragging my arm to get out of the theatre. I wanted to watch the song!) (Gee, thinking about it, I think it must have been the second time. I think I watched this movie even more times than I've watched Blues Brothers.)

I've posted on Meryl here and here. The last one includes an MP3 file of the song above, if you like it.

I guess most people don't consider her one of the prettiest stars in Hollywood. Perhaps beautiful, but not pretty. I'm wondering, what if she had been really pretty also? Would people then have not been able to see her talent? Gotten less respect? Or would she just have been totally untouchable, above competition?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meryl Streep is an extremely gifted actress.