Sunday, November 19, 2006

Larry Powers and the Michelangelo Puzzle

I've finally found the plot for my to-be-written Great European Novel:
A young boy, tentatively named Larry Powers, is a magician and has a pet raven. On an airplane trip where he battles poison spiders that terrorists have let loose, he comes across a plot by Michelangelo to conceal the true lineage of Siddhattha Gautama, and his life is immediate danger, he is thrown into a forty-eight-hour race to save his own life and Western Civilization. I am considering throwing in a plucky and pretty female journalist as s sidekick, but I am wondering if that would be considered too commercial.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember to check the Evil Overlord List and make sure your bad guy makes every mistake in the book. That should ensure you make the best-selling list!

Naked hotties are okay too. Gratuitous sex is mandatory, otherwise, your "purely litterary" creation won't sell as well as it deserves.

Anonymous said...

P.S.: If I were you, I'd slightly change the name. Austin Powers might feel plagiarized.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Sex is boring, but I like gratuitous nudity. Like in the film I'm just watching, Exposed, with Kate Beckinsale. It is obvious to me that "gratuitous" means "something to be thankful for".

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Oops, the film is called "Uncovered". Potato, potah-to.