Tuesday, October 04, 2016

The Passenger, covers

Covers of The Passenger by Iggy Pop. I apologize to the non-rock-fans in my readership, but I just really like these.

Alison Mosshart:


Marco Cinelli:


Elka Nagel:

(Nice HD. Enjoy the pretty faces full screen.)
(Oh: if anybody can give me the gist of what they are talking about in Polish after her song...?)

... OK, I am trying your patience now, but I just find this odd and funny cover by "Folk Grinder" to be irresistable:

--
Not all like Iggy Pop-like hard rock, but in this case I find the melody uplifting and the lyrics positive:

"The Passenger"

I am the passenger and I ride and I ride
I ride through the city's backsides
I see the stars come out of the sky
Yeah, the bright and hollow sky
You know it looks so good tonight

I am the passenger
I stay under glass
I look through my window so bright
I see the stars come out tonight
I see the bright and hollow sky
Over the city's ripped backsides
And everything looks good tonight
Singing la la la la la.. lala la la, la la la la.. lala la la etc

Get into the car
We'll be the passenger
We'll ride through the city tonight
We'll see the city's ripped backsides
We'll see the bright and hollow sky
We'll see the stars that shine so bright
Stars made for us tonight

Oh, the passenger
How, how he rides
Oh, the passenger
He rides and he rides
He looks through his window
What does he see?
He sees the sign and hollow sky
He sees the stars come out tonight
He sees the city's ripped backsides
He sees the winding ocean drive
And everything was made for you and me
All of it was made for you and me
'Cause it just belongs to you and me
So let's take a ride and see what's mine
Singing la la la la.. lala la la [x3]

Oh the passenger
He rides and he rides
He sees things from under glass
He looks through his window side
He sees the things that he knows are his
He sees the bright and hollow sky
He sees the city sleep at night
He sees the stars are out tonight
And all of it is yours and mine
And all of it is yours and mine
So let's ride and ride and ride and ride
Oh, oh, Singing la la la la lalalala

4 comments:

Joe Dick said...

Out of those I liked Elka Nagel's version best.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Me too. I don't know how many times I have listened to it.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

And I'm really hooked on the girl herself.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

At least in that getup (hair, glasses, outfit). That version of her and the song makes me go a big one so rubbery it could be used in building.