Thursday, April 14, 2016

Irritated stomach, Turmeric

During at least all of the nineties, I had ongoing problems with stomach pains; irritated stomach lining. Especially if my stomach got empty, it got painful. 
A homeopath helped me cure it a decade ago, and I've been very happy about that. 
But then after a sleepness night and stress last week, it came back, worse. I could hold it back slightly with antacids and food, but it was not great. (And actually the antacids seemed way less effective than the last time around.)

My friend Nicola though gave me a tip I want to share: Turmeric. It's some herb, I just trusted her and got some of it, and viola: the pain went away. I seem to need a pill twice day, but anyway since I took the first one it's been handling it. 
I trust the condition will go away again soon, but it's nice not to have to deal with that pain in the meantime. 

2 comments:

emptyspaces said...

That's interesting, I'll give that a try. The only time I use Turmeric in cooking is when you want to add some "yellow" to a dish.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

"Yellow"? Meaning "curry-like" perhaps?

By quick Amazon Now delivery, I could only get tablets which also included Ginger and something called Bromelain. And I would not be surprised if a sharp herb like Ginger is also irritating to the stomach, so I'm getting some without those additives.