Thursday, February 17, 2011

Benji Saves the Universe

I'm almost done with Troll 2. (By the way, it's not a sequel, and it does not have a single troll in it!)

I was reminded of an old Bloom County strip (mid-eighties, I think), which I remembered almost verbatim, and holy moley, somebody had posted it once!
"... But lord, it wasn't good!"


Panel 1: “George Phglat’s new film “Benji saves the Universe” has brought the word ‘Bad” to new levels of badness.”
Panel 2: “Bad acting. Bad effects. Bad everything. This bad film just oozed rottenness from every bad scene… simply bad beyond beyond all infinite dimensions of possible badness.”
Panel 3: [Opus pauses for a moment of contemplation.]
Panel 4: “Well, maybe not that bad, but lord, it wasn’t good.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember Ebert's review of Highlander 2, which he described as "almost awesome in its badness."