Saturday, July 24, 2010

Arrietty's Song / Cecile Corbel ( セシル・コルベル )

Ganesha Games says: "It's the theme song from the new Studio Ghibli feature anime. I never thought Japanese sung with a French accent would be so sweet."





I'll look forward to the movie (which title is it?), Studio Ghibli films are usually very good.
I love My Neighbour Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service. For some reason Spirited Away didn't really do it for me. Princess Mononoke was great visually, but it didn't really stick with me. Whisper of the Heart and Howl's Moving Castle were good.

7 comments:

ganesha games said...

The title is going to be something like Arrietty the Borrower. It's about a 10cm tall girl who lives borrowing household items by humans.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Must be related to The Borrowers, which I just read last year. I forget the name of the gal.

ganesha games said...

yes but when Japanese creators say "inspired by", generally almost nothing of the original idea remains. They like to adapt... a lot... even from their own source materials.

Alex said...

I vaguely remember The Borrowers. Last Miyazaki I saw was Ponyo, which hit our cinemas earlier this year, I didn't get to see it until it was on DVD.

Visually great, though not as good as some of the earlier ones. The most watched one in our house is Porco Rosso - I guess that's what happens when you have an 8 yr old boy in the house.

Alex said...

And I hope Disney do another good dub.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I have just ordered a couple, including Porco Rosso.

To my mind, My Neighbour Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service are the pinnacle. Totoro is a tour de force of fantasy. The Cat Bus, to mention just one little example. And Kiki is just damn funny, and so... warm. It's quite rare.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

BTW, why the heck are all these not out in Blu-ray yet? Or *some* of them at least.