Why wear socks with sandals? (Updated)
- Why not?
- I'm a rebel.
- To not get so dirty feet.
- I don't like to sweat into my sandals.
- I never sacrifice comfort for looks, especially not other people's ideas of looks.
- I've inherited my father's overall handsomeness, but sadly also his crooked toes. (This is an additional reason these days, but I've done this all my life.)
- I like it. To me, it's the best of both worlds.
- It gives some people something to laugh at, making them feel better about themselves for a moment. It's an easy way to do a little charity. If those people were surrounded only by people who looked and dressed better than themselves, they'd feel bad, and I can't have that on my conscience.
PS: I can't find the durn article now, but there was a an article which pointed out that nerds dress informally deliberately as a protest against the idea that such things as wearing a tie or not has any importance whatsoever in the world.
Nerds don't want to spend the time and energy to follow fashion demands, they consider it wasteful.
the socks are OK, but the CARPET!
Ah yes, that's the carpet from my local electronics store, a couple of days ago I was down to get an iPod classic, having decided it was a mistake to try to replace my old one with an iPod Touch, in that the touch has poorer ergonomics without physical buttons. (You can't control it without looking at, such as in a pocket or on the bedside table when in bed.)