Friday, February 27, 2009

Shu-bi-dua

I was listening to one of my old Danish favorites, Shu-bi-dua's "Bageren og servitricen" (The baker and the waitress). I decided to post it to youtube, but to my amazement, not only was it already done, but the guy had made a video to it!
("Slut" in Danish means "the end".)



As you may be aware, I am not much for romance, but I think that Shu-bi-dua here really, both in melody and lyrics, have captured the painful sweetness of loneliness and longing. (It's about a baker sitting in a bar as it closes, trying in vain to get the waitress which he likes to join him for a drink.)

6 comments:

The Dissonance said...

Looks like SecondLife characters.

Word Verification: Meatteali, I'll have mine rare please.

Anonymous said...

Eo...my silly brain got all caught up in the all-caps *SLUT* at the end; took me a little by surprise...until I remembered that...*SLUT* means *THE END* in Danish...and not that he was walking away calling her a SLUT for not having taken him up on his sweet offer! lol! Uh...language confusion! HILARIOUS!

Oh and...perhaps I am taking what you wrote a little too literally but...there is absolutely NOTHING "sweet" about longing nor loneliness; BOTH are just plain old fricken PAINFUL. Perhaps you were just being facetious...writing about your *favorite* (NOT!) subject (romance) and all?! lol! :-)

Anonymous said...

"I am not much for romance"

Interesting, what do you mean?
Don't like girls in 3 dimensions? :-)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Sure, but I don't like wearing the colored glasses.

---
Well, sex has limited interest. And I think that to "treasure one person above all others", a.k.a. "love", is bullshit.

Anonymous said...

"Well, sex has limited interest. And I think that to "treasure one person above all others", a.k.a. "love", is bullshit."

Cool! Then you are free of a big part of the problems of existence! :-)

Though I would not have expected such an answer from the leader of "domai", it makes sense... Looking at all the naked pictures you get, it must be really convincing that all the girls are kind of the same... Does not make much sense to pick out one or another.

Though then I don't get why you are not yet bored of all those pictures. :-)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Aesthetics.
99% of nudes you see around, I find boring. But if they have beauty and life, they never get boring.