Monday, February 23, 2009

Open letter to British Gas (updated)

I just sent this email to British Gas:

Dear Sirs,

A week or two ago I was contacted by doorbell by a man who wanted to win my custom for British Gas. I told him no.

Then today I got an automated phone call which was a complete waste of time. It told me I'd been rung before, which is not true, and had called back, which is not true, and your "operatives" had been busy, thus wasting my time if it had been true.

And then it just told me you would try again! Waste of my time. Why did I get this call at all?

I could cancel future contacts, but only by calling, on my dime, a phone number which I had no earthly chance of remembering. (Why not giving me the option of simply pressing a key if I don't want sales pitches?)

Also your complaints page won't open on your site. I hope this email address has an actual recipient.

Stop calling me.

Respectfully yours, Eolake Stobblehouse

Update: Well, today they apologized. By phone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

could have been a mistake replying, your email will be on their spam list now I guess

Ray said...

Now, now, watch your blood-pressure, Eolake.....

And how can they stop calling you if you didn't include your number :)

(Isn't arguing with a computer fun?)

Bert said...

Damn you're polite with those jerks...

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Have to be, I'm not likely to actually talk to anybody who's responsible for it.

I was well p'd off though. Imagine giving me an automated call to tell me they're gonna call me! Fuck-heads.

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

"I was well p'd off though."
Yeah, that much is obvious to those who know you well enough. Just the fact that you actually bothered to complain. You're usually so Zen.

Well, that's it Zen. Nothing more to comment. :-)