Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Candy songs

Wow, man, I just figured out that songs like My Boy Lollipop and I Want Candy are not really about candy! I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell ya!



Apparently this video is a classic. I'm not sure why. But then it seems to me that rock videos from the eighties pretty much sucked all over.

A nice punky version from Good Charlotte. (Though I do think this song should be sung by a girl.) Used it Not Another Teen Movie, which is excellent.

There was another version I found as MP3 and liked, nice girl voice and nice instrumentation, until I saw the video and found out it's not a girl singing but apparently a 12-year-old boy... ew.

This seems to be one of those songs which have been covered endlessly. And while some of the boys sing about boys, some of the girls sing about girls. I wonder if Melanie C is gay or if she changed it to get attention.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"But then it seems to me that rock videos from the eighties pretty much sucked all over."

Boy, ain't that the truth.