Friday, May 09, 2008

More on Miley


"Fury rained down; former fans were suggesting that communities got together to bonfire her merchandise. And finally, she relented, saying: "I feel so embarrassed. I never intended for this to happen and I apologise to my fans." Never mind what a ludicrous system this is that chooses young women for their sex appeal and then expects them to act as role models for the chastity of the rest of the population. It's the insincerity of everyone concerned that really chokes me. Not one person involved can seriously think Miley Cyrus had any kind of influence over this, or any other, image-building decision."
Guardian article


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, Youtube says what I could say but am far too lazy to write: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNhMExuWQMk&NR=1

Anonymous said...

Do you agree with the article you have posted, Eolake? Did Miley do the wrong thing by posing semi-nude?

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I think that people who get badly upset by seeing the bare back of a teenager, should take a look at the world and see if they can spot some worse problems.

Anonymous said...

But Eolake, dont you realize that there are no problems unless the media tells us there are. And then tells us how long we should pay attention to those problems. Controversy (especially manufactured ones) make money.

Anonymous said...

DOn't feel ppl. I am not a perv, but I dun see anything wrong with a teenager exposing her bare back.

Anonymous said...

It's interesting how these teen pop stars are allowed to sing in a sexual manner, dance provocatively, and wear clothes that expose their mid-riffs (at the very least) but the second a risqué photo shows up in a magazine this person is the subject of controversy. It's a double standard that doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. I mean she's already being bred to be a sex object. Disney doesn't care about being "family friendly", they're just a corporation out to make as much money as possible and that image is simply how they do it.

I don't even see anything particularly sexual about the picture everybody's in a stink over. It looks very artistic to me. It displays an innocent kind of beauty I'd expect from a girl that age. It's fucking retarded that exposed flesh, no matter the context, is labeled smut and is therefore bad.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

What you said.

Anonymous said...

This reminded me of the Britney Spears episode from the latest season of South Park: http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/1202/