Thursday, April 17, 2008

Driftwood art, and Flash galleries

Matt Torrens driftwood art.

It seems to be the rage now to have these spooky gradual popup pictures as on that page. I think it's Flash. I'm not sure I like them, what do you think? I think it takes control away from the visitor. I'm not sure what the advantage is, apart from if the site owner does not want the visitor to save the images.

Though I think they are used well on Laurie's site RadiantNude, where they include navigation features.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, the image magnification effect is normally done in JavaScript alone. Personally, I like it.

That RadiantNude site looks very nice. Congratulations Laurie.

Bert said...

I see this as a fad. Thanks to OSX and now Vista, a lot of people are discovering the wonders of alpha-channels, which allow transparency in graphics.

This in turn has motivated the writing of many free java snippets, which are used by web designers all over.

Anonymous said...

I think Matt's site looks great!! I love that you can just click on the image after it opens for the next pic. www.matttorrens.com Click the gallery to see what I mean.

Thanks for posting, I love the art:)