Monday, March 05, 2007

Snow pictures

The alert reader might suspect: I have at least two very strong interests in art and aesthetics: one is lines. Another is patterns. So when a subject like these has both, I get very keen about it.

Don't miss clicking on the more subtle compositions in the middle here. I am very fond of those, but they have to be viewed in a larger size.



I find it cool how the picture above looks almost exactly like a black-and-white picture, but it is a color picture! I have not removed any color from it.






The pictures are slightly manipulated, with contrast and such.
The top one I've put up before, but this time it's larger.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah...One Frosted Kingdom awaits!
I'll have my servants break out the parkas! Well done my good man! Well done.

Anonymous said...

Snow pictures will increase in value.
As usual, I missed the chance. I bought a few rolls of film, but the snow has gone.

Anonymous said...

I had some fun taking photos in the snow too yesterday!

http://www.naturephotographers.net/imagecritique/ic.cgi?a=vp&pr=66484&b=vg2&st=0&la=851&ph=26&sid=32217&u=32217

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

That's real nice.

Anonymous said...

Nice, nice stuff. I really would like to see what you would do as a black and white photographer, rather than color.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Thanks kindly.

There are quite a few examples of B/W also, around the blog.